When the teachings of home, church, and school are in agreement, beautiful things happen in the life of a child.
Good Shepherd Christian Academy is committed to providing a quality education in a caring spiritual environment and desires to assist Christian families and local churches in evangelizing and discipling their children in biblical truth and the Christian faith.
In a world of spiritual chaos and uncertainty fueled by a growing acceptance of moral relativism, it is the vision of Good Shepherd Christian Academy to offer a godly alternative to other educational options. GSCA seeks to set aside denominational distinctives and function as a regional school in the spirit of love, unity and liberty. We operate as a spiritual and educational resource to our surrounding Christian community.
Good Shepherd Christian Academy is a ministry of Faith Discovery Church. GSCA operates with a separate operating budget and governing committee. Additionally we foster none of the denominational distinctives of The Assemblies of God, but rather uphold only the essential tenets of the Christian faith. We believe...
- the Bible is the inspired, only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (2 Timothy 3: 14-17)
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19)
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years. (Deut. 20:1-6; Matt. 1: 2-3; Heb. 7:26; Acts 2:22; I Cor. 15:3; Matt. 28:6; Acts 1:9)
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ (Matt 26:28; Heb 9:14)
- regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (Titus 3:5)
- the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (Isa 53:4; James 5:13-14)
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Heb. 12:14; I Peter 1: 15-16)
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the former to everlasting life and the latter to everlasting damnation. (Rev. 20:1-6; 11-16)
Good Shepherd Christian Academy is a member of the Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association (MACSA) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Good Shepherd Christian Academy School Committee
The GSCA School Committee serves as the governing body for Good Shepherd Christian Academy. The committee, which meets monthly, is responsible for all major policy and hiring decisions, development of an annual budget for the school, and establishing a strategic plan for the future of the school.
The committee is comprised of the GSCA Administrator, a representative from the GSCA faculty, one from the Faith Discovery Church Board of Deacons, and members of the Faith Discovery Church community.
GSCA is owned by, and operates as, one of the outreach ministries of Faith Discovery Church. Members of the committee, with the exception of the Faculty representative, are appointed by the Washington Assembly of GodFaith Discovery Church Board of Deacons.
The day-to-day operation of the school, implementation of policy, supervision of personnel, curriculum and instruction oversight, as well as disciplinary decisions are the responsibility of the school administrator and principal.
Current Committee Members
The GSCA Committee meets in a closed meeting on the last Thursday of every month. Agenda items are set a week in advance, so any requests for discussion must be communicated to the committee no later than the Sunday prior to the meeting.
You can contact the School Committee by sending an email to GSCASchoolCommittee@GSCAcademy.com
(please refer to the GSCA Grievance Policy for the proper procedure before contacting the committee about these types of events).